Monday, February 25, 2008

I'm a Utah Driver

So, after more than 2 years of putting it off, 2 speeding tickets from policemen grilling me about my current residency, an annoyingly suspicious Canadian Border Guard, and a little nagging from my husband, I have traded in my California liscense --the last tangible piece of my San Diego years -- and officially become, once again, a Utah driver. It turned out to be an all day affair because I failed the vision test...more evidence I am getting old. For those who are wondering, yes, I did lie about my weight. (The best diet I've ever been on! Need to lose 10 pounds? Just get a new driver's liscense!) And I also registered to vote. Don't tell Sharon, but it's true, I haven't voted for over two years. I felt so much cooler with a California driver's liscense, like it made me an interesting person or something...someone who had actually lived outside of Utah. So I'm not cool anymore. But at least I'm skinnier.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I am always surprised when I pass the vision tests. Next time call me first and I will give you some advice on how to pass with crappy eyesight. It took me forever to get my CO license bc I didn't want to give up my UT one.

Sharon said...

Matt just finally changed his less than a month ago and he has lived here since '99! So he hasn't voted either and I still like him :)

Robyn Carr said...

Renae
you crack me up! I will let you know if I can pass my vision test next time I take one- probably not without my glasses! I can't believe how blind I have gotten as I get older. That stinks! But maybe I will go with your diet- beats watching what I eat!
Robyn:)

robertandsharon said...

I had to give up my California license, too and I also am skinnier on my new Utah one...come to think of it, that is a great diet. Just forget about reality - as a matter of fact, we have no scales in our house so what we don't know can't hurt us, right??

Grammie