Sunday, February 3, 2008

Can it really be so?!


How can it be that my baby is 5 years old?! I was so happy when I found out our #4 would be another girl. The only thing better than having one little girl, is having two! Brittney is our San Diego baby and she plays the part well. Brittney loves the beach, and the swimming pool and to wear shorts and sandals no matter the weather. Our first winter back in Utah, even in the icy cold, she insisted on wearing flip flops. I don't think she has fully converted, but she has learned to love the snow too. And she has learned to appreciate snow boots. She loves to put on her snow gear, grab her sled and head out with the big kids.

Brittney spent the month of January literally counting the days until her birthday. Grandma and Grandpa Gardner brought her present over a few days early (before their trip to Bermuda!)and that just about did her in. She was so excited I thought she might burst. Time after time she would sit next to her present on the fireplace and admire it...stroking the top and sometimes putting it on her lap. Then she would say "You guys got to get me some more presents!" Finally the big day, and more presents, came. Grammie and Grampie Chambers braved the stormy weather and came down from Salt Lake for a birthday dinner at The Pizza Factory. Brittney thoroughly enjoyed having her day and being the center of attention. When I tucked her into bed that night, she said "That sure was a great birthday."

3 comments:

Matt and Sharon Johnson said...

Happy Birthday Brittney! How come I am checking blogs when I should be in bed?

robertandsharon said...

Love your new family blog and love all of you, too. Thanks,
Grammie

Robyn Carr said...

Love the new blog-
great title! And Brittney is so adorable- can't wait to give her a hug! And everyone else too!