Friday, December 12, 2008
Lookin' Sharp
JR plays the piano and percussion in 3 different bands at school. It takes a lot of practice time and means he goes to school an hour early almost every day! And believe it or not, this was all his idea. It is really fun when a child takes the jump from "Do I have to?" to really loving the piano. JR has learned to love the piano and he loves playing in the band. He is learning lots of new things and getting really good at some of them. Last night in one of his concerts he got to play in the very front on an african drum called the djembe (learning to play that has been interesting...he comes home with hands that are red, calloused and sore.) Also he gets to wear this really cool tuxedo...doesn't he look sharp?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
What a cool kid you are, JR. Wish we could have been at your concert but have company right now and couldn't get away. I love to hear you play the piano...you are so talented!!
Love,
Grammie
That is so awesome! And one sweet tux!
You are Great JR and you look so sharp in that tux!!
That's awesome! I was never that dedicated to playing the piano but I'm glad some people are.
all I can say is what a chick magnet
Looking good JR, i wish i would've kept up with the piano. I hope the concert was fun.
Good Job JR! What about the other story of the night--the don't walk sign :)
Post a Comment