Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Feelin' Jazzy...


All of our family left town for Thanksgiving and we decided to stay here, so it was a low-key, kind of quiet holiday for us. But we did have tickets from my dad for the Jazz game on Wednesday. The boys went with Mike and me and the girls got to stay home and have a "real babysitter" so it was a treat for them too. The Jazz beat the Timberwolves and it was a total blow-out. I was kind of glad. I have had my fill of intense, stress producing sporting events for the year.

I always say I am not going to shop on "Black Friday," but somehow it always happens. Mike went into work on Friday morning, but came home early and we took the kids to get outfitted with snowboards. It was not nearly as crowded or miserable as I expected. And I hate doing the snowboard rental thing, so I am glad not to have to deal with that this year.

On Saturday morning I took the Beehives from our ward to the food and care coalition to serve lunch, which was of course both a difficult and wonderful experience. Some of those faces still show up in my mind at unexpected times.

I guess we had kind of a busy holiday weekend after all! But we also had lots of sleeping in, laying around, movies from Blockbuster... and way too much eating. It has sure been hard this week to get back into the routine of real life!

4 comments:

Tami said...

I didn't know that you didn't go to St. George or else I would have invited you to my house. We had Gma and Don, and Reed and Cindy, Meg and Ali. It was a great day and we would have loved to have you guys too. I love relaxing weekends at home. Sounds heavenly.

Kirsten and Cory said...

Well now I know why my boys all of the sudden want to get into snow boarding...hmmmm, must be that peer pressure.=)
Thanks for sharing your boys with us last weekend...they/we really do enjoy them.

Laura said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! Go Jazz.

Robyn Carr said...

What fun!