Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Is this the last day?

Finnally! the last day of school is nearly here! This week is full of parties, dance festivals, field days and a full two hours on Friday, the last day, before the kids are turned loose for the summer. They are all so excited, I'm afraid they just may burst at the seams.

Brittney graduated from pre-school (we were so proud!) a couple of weeks ago and has been fascinated by the concept of last days. This is the conversation we had on our way home from her graduation program...

"Was that my last day of pre-school?"

"yes"

"And now I'm in Kindergarten?"

"Well, after the summer break"

"Oh....When's JR's last day of school?"

"In two weeks."

"And then its the summer break?...When's Brandon's last day of school?...When's Amanda's last day of school?...When's my last day of dance?..." and so on...

And then... "When's our last day of church?"

"We don't have a last day, we just keep going."

"I mean for the summer break."

hmmmm....

9 comments:

Tami said...

Now that's funny!!!
I want a summer break from church!

robertandsharon said...

That is too funny!! Grampie and I laughed and laughed. Maybe she has a good idea there...lol. You gotta love it..


Grammie

Teri said...

I love it. I want a summer break from church too. ALthough, does it count if you pull the fire alarm during Relief Society?

Robyn Carr said...

too funny . . . I could use a break from church, but my calling will just start getting interesting with youth conference etc.

SamBates said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

LOL. Don't we all wish :)

Lisa said...

I am so proud of Britt for graduating preschool!

Sharon said...

I always take a summer break from church...this week in my last week until Labor Day ;)

Joe and Julianne said...

Way to go Brittany! I am voting for you for president :) You have great ideas!!!