Eleven years ago today, on a rainy Sunday morning, Mike, JR and I were sitting in sacrament meeting and I was getting increasingly uncomfortable. I nervously started to wonder if maybe this was more than just fat pregnant lady misery -- maybe this baby was thinking about coming into the world a week early. After a few minutes, I leaned over to Mike and told him that I thought maybe we should go. Two hours later, right in the middle of a Jazz playoff game, our beautiful, blue baby was rushed off to the nursery for oxygen before I was even able to hold him. He seems to have recovered from those difficult first few minutes on earth--he didn't stay blue very long, and they eventually brought him back to me--and perhaps the Jazz game playing in the background as he entered the world is the best explanation we have for his love for sports.
---
Whenever I am asked to give a word to describe Brandon, I always say "Light." From the day he was born, his easy going nature and big, beautiful blue eyes have brought so much light into our family! Even the girls that chase him at school say that his eyes "shine." He was a good natured, cuddly, and patient baby and has grown to be kind and responsible--although not so big on cuddling anymore (I do try!) He is charming and handsome and full of personality. Even when he is in trouble, it is hard to be mad at Brandon!
---
Another word that describes Brandon is "passionate." When Brandon decides that he likes something, he doesn't just like it, he becomes passionate. Truly, Brandon loves all sports (all sports with a ball, he would say,) --he gets up early to shoot baskets before school, he takes his football in his backpack everyday-- but baseball is his passion. I should have known we were growing a baseball player when he was just a baby. Before he was even able to pull himself up, I would go into his room to check on him in the middle of the night and find his pacifier all the way across the room. I couldn't believe that such a tiny guy could throw so far! He is the little boy that used to sleep with his glove under his pillow and the kid who never watches a baseball game sitting down. He can be found running around behind the couch, reenacting every play.
---
We are so grateful that Brandon is a part of our family! Happy Birthday Brandon!



5 comments:
What a great guy Brandon is! We sure love him!
The Carr Clan
Happy Birthday Brandon! You will have to play ball with Robert at Aspen Grove.
What a great guy!
The middle picture was particularly fun for us--that hair and grin looks very familiar to us. Our Isaac, in particular his hair, looks A LOT like Brandon in that picture.
How was Indiana Jones?
That middle picture does look a lot like Isaac. Brandon is a great guy to look like and to act like - so fun and so happy! We had fun going to the movies with him yesterday.
Grammie
Happy Birthday! You are awesome!
Post a Comment