Sunday, March 2, 2008

...and boys night out

The boys had a great time at the train show. Favorite trains included the Harry Potter set up, the tiny, z-scale model, and the Lego Train. They also got to walk through the Browning Gun Museum -- a very boy kind of outing. The boys were excited to have Grampie there with them and he pointed out the old trains he had ridden many times between Idaho, SLC and San Diego and showed the boys guns that Great Grampa Chambers would have seen during his experiences in WWII.

They had dinner at "Famous Dave's" in Layton and JR had his first experience with Buffalo Wings. He said they were very spicey and made his tongue tingle, but he loved them! Mom is very happy to have a child who shares her affinity for spicey food. The runny nose, the numb lips...makes my eyes water just thinking about it!

6 comments:

Matt and Sharon Johnson said...

Looks like fun! Is Brandon sitting on something? I know JR isn't that much taller than Brandon...is he?

Renae said...

um...Brandon is a shorty. I think the camera angle makes it look worse though...

Laura said...

The only problem with wings are the bones..they make it hard to eat. I need to get my food down faster than that. I guess that is why I love Winger's Sticky Fingers so much.

Teri said...

We just did Famous Daves last week and Jackson had the wings. It must be a teenage thing. Love the resteraunt but I am on a campaign to switch their drinks from Pepsi to Coke!! The ribs are excellent!!

Renee (and Eric) said...

That sounds like a guys day out that our Benjamin would LOVE. He has already informed us that he wants to use his birthday money to buy a ticket to ride the trains at Stone Mountain. Good choice!

Robyn Carr said...

Spicy food- we are taking you to Thai when you come- we love to order it spicy!!
Robyn