Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Check it out!

I can hardly believe we are almost into May!! The second week of April the kids were out of school for Spring Break. I always have a hard time getting it together again after a break....in addition to the usual staying up late, and sleeping in, this year over the break I had a bad run in with the dentist and was down for 3 days. I'm fully recovered now and the kids have been back in school for 2 weeks, but I still feel like I am playing catch-up!

I have 4 beautiful, creative, talented sisters (in addition to my 5 beautiful, creative, and talented sisters-in-law!) Two of them run an Etsy store where they sell, among other things, "charm packs." If you are a quilter or crafter and haven't used charm packs, let me just say "welcome to Heaven!" Charm packs are sets of perfectly cut 5 inch squares...wonderfully coordinating samples from a full line of fabric. I made a quilt with a couple of charm packs once, and I loved that it went together so quickly and easily and that the fabrics coordinated so well. An interesting side note...one of the charm packs they sell features fabrics designed by an old friend of my husband's -- Lila Tueller (it's also my favorite.)

Charm packs can be used for so much more than quilting! During the month of April, the "Sproutz ladies" posted a different project every day using fabric from a charm pack. Check it out! There are lots of great ideas for YW groups and for 9-year old girls, just learning to sew (can you tell I have made a to-do list?) There you will also find a link to the Sproutz Etsy Store.

Click on my new Sproutz button and have a look around!

And wish me luck...I'm heading to the dentist again in the morning.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for the Sproutz love. Good luck at the dentist!!

Sharon said...

Thanks for the shout out! Glad the dentist went without incident this time :)

Lisa said...

I wish I was your dentist I would be rich :) Good luck - probably best not to call me I will cry too.

Robyn Carr said...

sorry about the dentist- that stinks. the charm packs sound cute. i may have to pass on the info to the leaders here. I am now a lowly nursery assistant. less stress. and snacks.

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Hi, just stopped by to talk cupcakes! I've never tried freezing them. The cake part should freeze great, but I'm not sure about the filling and topping. Test it out and let me know! And ya, after the cupcakes are filled they are just fine the next day (but good luck getting them to last that long :)