Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"The big yellow one is the Sun!"

Due to budget cuts, Amanda's 3rd grade field trip to the planetarium got cancelled. So Monday, we took advantage of the day off of school (teacher work day--or whatever) and took a field trip of our own. We saw a movie about Saturn on the dome theatre and spent a lot of time checking out the fun interactive displays...

...the girls walked on the moon...
...and the boys studied the rocks on mars. (Did you know they have names?
Couch, Froggy, Darth Vader...who are the scientists who come up with these things?

In the weather center, the girls practiced being the weather reporter. They even got to see themselves on TV.




These weather girls were pretty cute, however, they failed to predict that within just a few minutes we would walk out the door and into a BLIZZARD!!

It was a fun day and I was glad we had decided to spend this miny Spring Break INDOORS!

5 comments:

Laura said...

"It's a cup, with dirt in it. I call it cup of dirt." LOL :)

Sharon said...

I always wanted to be a weather person. If only I could go back and do it again...

Anonymous said...

I am jealous, I want school to be canceled too!

Unknown said...

I hope that hurricane on the map isn't hitting Jacksonville ;-)

Robyn Carr said...

Yes- i was just noticing that Amanda had her hand on Jacksonville- is that because she misses me- or my pool?!?! What a fun day!