Happy Birthday to Grandpa and to Joey!
And BYU Football
Quest shirts, NOT OPTIONAL (Just ask Joey)
also worth mentioning: yummy food, great company, mom taking care of the salad (and the marathoners,) BYU ice cream, BYU winning (even if it was ugly,) teaching the boys to play "speed" (with Rook cards--apparently NOT a quiet game,) and spending time with people I love.
*Discovering unrecognized blessings. When I walked out the door at 4:30 AM on marathon morning into the wind and the rain, I don't know if I could have kept going except for another little run in the rain which certainly did not feel like a blessing at the time.
*Our support crew! Thanks to my family for their patience and support... and warm blankets. We missed Sharon on the road, but loved having her see us off in the morning (at 4:30 AM! )along the sidelines, and at the finish line waiting with dry towels.
And thanks to my sweetie for tolerating this crazy hobby of mine with a smile--most of the time. As I was coming down the last stretch, I kept scanning the crowd for Mike, and then I heard him shout my name and my heart lept and I felt like I could have run another mile...well not really...but I knew I could make it to the finish!
*Knowing that "I can do hard things!"
Laura always goes for the bread,
but for me it's all about the ice cream!
I CAN'T WAIT TO DO IT AGAIN!!







7 comments:
Way to go! You guys did so great!
I seriously am so impressed that you are able to do that. I used to be a runner but now I am way too lazy to get back into the habit.
Here's a good question....If you would have known 6 months ago that it was going to RAIN on marathon day, would you have still signed up?
Yeah Renae! From the moment I read your post about the long run in the rain I just knew it would rain on marathon day so I too was somewhat mentally prepared! I think I will consider you my own personal fortune teller ... or at least weather woman! Way to go! ;)
Wow! Great time!
Hooray for Renae! You are an inspiration! You go girl!
It was a fun weekend! Go Cougars! Boo on the rain! Yeah for you and Laura running the marathon!
Post a Comment