Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ouch!

Brittney has been so excited to start Kindergarten this year. And oddly enough, she has been excited for her Kindergarten check-up...immunizations and all. She spent weeks practicing how she would sit and what she would do when they were giving her shots. She kept asking me to pinch her so she could see how much it was going to hurt and a few times she even asked me to call the doctors office to see if she could come in that day instead of waiting for her appointment. When the time came, and the nurses were ready for the immunizations, she started to get a little nervous, but she was very brave and did everything just how she had practiced. She didn't even cry. The nurses said they had never had a child sit so calmly for their shots. I know I've never had a child take it so well either...my favorite was JR, who tried to hide under the chair and run away from the nurse. He's much better behaved now. Last year he had stitches in his knee after a 4-wheeler incident, and we didn't even have to chase him down to get him up on the table!
Brittney waiting at the Dr.'s office. They were SLOW!!
We waited a LONG time!!
Two new Webkinz and a chocolate dipped ice cream cone...
that makes everything better!!

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Way to go Brittney! I hate shots. I am sure you would probably have to come find me under the table.

Robyn Carr said...

YEAH Brittney! Hope screamed so bad the nurse just about quit giving them to her!

Teri said...

Thats an expensive doctors visit. My kids get a sucker if they are lucky!! As soon as Kaylee reads about this, she will let me know how deprived she is and that "Renae does it" is all I will hear. Kaylee will get my answer to all of those kinds of questions. "So go and live with them!!"

robertandsharon said...

JR takes after his Dad (Mikey) who had to be strapped to the exam table in the emergency room after sledding with Eric heading for the back end of a car - Eric jumped off and left Mike to take the hit. His stitches were met with much the same intensity as JR's experience. I couldn't watch...Brittney is very brave and we are proud of her. She told me about her shots today when we stopped by the house to drop off a book.
Grammie/Sharon

Anonymous said...

Go job Brittney, way to take a shot like a MAN!!!!!

Joe and Julianne said...

YEah! Brittney you are brave! I am glad you got some good prizes for being so brave you deserve them!

Laura said...

Good job, Brittney! I think the only prize I ever got for enduring shots is a piece of licorice from Dr. Rich.