Friday, April 25, 2008

maybe it's time to clean out the refrigerator...

Brandon thinks he's very funny. His mother, however, was not amused. Even though there was no doubt that this was a toy, my heart was pounding and I used a towel when I finally decided to remove the offensive object so that I could put milk on my cereal. And just when I thought it was safe to go back, I discovered...

The anxiety butterflies in my stomach have only now, 3 hours later, just started to subside.
---
To truly appreciate this experience, you need to know that we did actually have a snake in our house when we lived in San Diego. And I very nearly picked it up, thinking it was one of the kids' toys ("Hmmm, that's weird, I don't remember this one....") When the thing zipped accross the kitchen floor, I screamed like even I never knew I could. Amanda, who was a witness, and just 18 months old, immitaded the whole episode for months and then she would giggle and giggle. I am pretty sure that one experience is the reason my blood pressure is high and may be the reason Amanda loves animals so much.
---
Thanks Brandon, I'm really grateful for the opportunity to relive all the emotions of that great day!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

I am glad you have the essentials in your fridge milk and diet coke. It could be worse you could have found mice in your small garbage can in the garage.

Sharon said...

I am not a reptile fan...in fact I am not an animal fan of any kind.

Renae said...

Lisa...did you not hear about the mouse in my bread drawer.... I wish it had been a toy....

robertandsharon said...

Yikes!! I am with you - that looked too real for my tastes. I think I would have had a heart attack. What a jokester that Brandon is. I am do afraid of snakes, ever since my childhood when we occasionally saw one in our yard or on the road. Just too scary for me..

Grammie

Mike said...

Hey, we have Orange Juice, too.

Tami said...

I think Brandon should visit Aunt Sharon. That snake would probably eat I can't believe it's not butter. :)

Joe and Julianne said...

.... now it is your turn to get even. Brandon better watch out! LOL

Laura said...

Yikes. That is a funny joke though :)

Lisa said...

note to self...don't eat the bread at Renae's.

Robyn Carr said...

Funny=
we were just telling that story to Darin and Andrea in Italy (about the snake on the floor you almost grabbed!). We giggled and giggled!
Robyn