Sunday, January 25, 2009

Little Sisters are the Best!


A little sister myself, and also having 3 little sisters, I am writing this post as very nearly an expert on the vital role that little sisters play in maintaining proper family dynamics...that is, annoying older siblings.

As JR was sleeping soundly, late on Saturday morning, Brittney quietly sneaked the timer from off of the piano, set it for a few minutes, and gently placed it in JR's bedroom. She didn't wait around to see what would happen, but hurried back to her toys where she was innocently playing some imaginative game when JR came up the stairs complaining about the alarm.

As a mother, I probably should have not laughed...but as a little sister too, I felt just a bit of pride...though I tried to be sympathetic and stiffle my giggles. Darn those little sisters!

By the way, when I shared the story with Mike, he said "Ya, it's really funny. She did it to me too."

9 comments:

Mom said...

Like I said, "Brittney just makes me smile!" Is that why she why she wanted to stay at Grandma's?

Joe and Julianne said...

Brittney you better learn to pick on someone your own size! How can such a sweet girl think of such mischief .... I wonder who she takes after her mom or dad .... things that make you go hmmmmm

Sharon said...

She is just so quiet and innocent you don't think she could think of something like that... I was LOL when I read this

Robyn Carr said...

thanks for the good laugh today. Brittney go get 'em. Cuz big brothers can be annoying too- in their own way.

Anonymous said...

Lol. Brittney seems so innocent, never thought she would pull something like that. She should come over to our house and do something like that to Nate :)

robertandsharon said...

Too funny!! We all laugh but poor JR didn't think it was too funny though...that's what little sisters do - annoy big brothers!!

Lisa said...

Little Sisters Rock!

Lisa said...

Little Sisters Rock!

The Fraughts said...

That's so funny. I have to say Brittney is pretty brave. I don't know that I would've attempted something like that on any of my older brothers. And I agree with Lisa.