A few things you may or may not know about Mike:
- He loves all things '80's. And not in a cool, retro kind of way, more like a thinks-they-never-ended kind of way.
- Coversations with him often include words like "Bio-solids" and "sludge."
- He loves, loves, loves sphaghetti and meatballs.
- He's a bit of a pack-rat. He keeps everything. He did just recently throw out the glass goblet from Junior prom, but Junior High band pins, gords and ceramics from preschool, boy scout projects, greeting cards, model trains he had a child...cool pictures of him in hats...we still have them all.
- He loves free stuff (see above.)
- He still has, and listens to, a record player and a large assortment of vinyl records (again with the '80's.)
- He's a Super Scouter!
- He can fix or build (and sometimes break) just about anything.
- He's allergic to grass (good thing we have a live-in lawn service.)
- He gives blood whenever he can.
- He loves to read, especially biographies, non-fiction and historical stuff.
- He has read the unabridged version of Les Miserables which includes a lengthy section devoted to the complicated Parisian sewer system (you know, bio-solids, sludge....)
- People always think he is quiet...unless they have watched BYU football with him.
- He likes to spend time with his children...takes them to movies, football games, baseball games, miniature golfing, out to dinner, toy shopping, museums....
- He is kind and thoughtful and often makes me smile...especially when I am trying to be grumpy!
- He takes me on a date every week.
- He is a great husband and I am very happy that he is mine!
Happy Birthday Sweetie! I love you!


14 comments:
That was so sweet. And that is one cool picture.
at our stake youth council last night they decided they wanted next year's Halloween dance to be a retro 80s theme- and wanted me to teach them the Thriller dance- I had to inform them I didn't really like Michael Jackson as a youth. They wanted to know what I listened to- they were a bit baffled- I think I will enlighten them in Oct. . .
Or I could have Mike come and help!
Happy Birthday big brother. He was always the instigator of all our big projects and ideas. Thanks for making growing up so fun!! And letting your little sister hang out with you and all your cute friends!
Happy Birthday Mike!! That is a hot picture of you :)
Happy Birthday Mike. Hope you have a good day!
Happy Birthday Mike!
I would like a minute for rebuttal...
1)I do not talk about "sludge", that is not politically correct. Bio-solids is the PC term.
2) With the creation of blogs, I may need to re-think the pack-rat mentality, especially if photos will be used against me (nice Mazda GLC, huh?)
Thanks, sweetie
80's Rule!
The 80s do rule. My kids call me a geek when I start rocking out to Prince, Mike and the Mechanics, Chicago, etc. Plus, don't you wish we could have perms and big bangs again. The 80s. Gotta love them! Happy Birthday Mike!!
Yes yes the boysmaz! Loved to drive that around!
Hahah I LOVE the picture!
This was so cute Renae!!
Happy, happy, birthday.
Happy Birthday Mike! We hope you had a good day.
Hey Renae -
I can't believe you are married to such an old man:) Just kidding Mike, happy birthday, you don't look a day over 35!! You can't look younger than I am, you know, it is a pride thing. Anyway, it is good to be back in the world wide web. Talk to you soon - Jana
Mike! You are my idol! I love the 80's too! They do rock!
JOE Brooks
Happy Birthday to a great guy and dad ...from the Atkinsons!
We think your family is the greatest!
I found you on FB Mike...would you get your wife on there for me please?
P.S. We agree...80's RULE! =)
Renae...we have a family blog too, but I need your email.
hey!look it's Joe cool! AmAnDa
Post a Comment