The St. George Marathon
has come and gone...
We had the coolest bus driver!
We woke up this morning to find
freshly fallen snow,
begging for a playmate...
Even the Christmas lights are ready to be hung....
I wish it wasn't true.
Summer has packed up her beautiful warm sunshine, her boat rides and swimming pools, lemonade stands and front porch picnics and left us much too quickly. I would have liked to tire of her stay...to wonder if cooler days would ever come. I would have liked to feel exhausted from the heat, and to be grateful to see the leaves finally changing their colors.... But summer was just too short this year. I have tried to pretend. I have tried to will it to not be so. But there just is no denying...and it doesn't really matter what the calendar says....
Winter is here.

6 comments:
deep down i know you're right...but i'm still holding on and believing that we may get 1 or 2 more 70degree, sunny days in NYC.
boo for snow :( winter is much too long.
I hope we don't have to freeze at the last two BYU football games!! I was hoping for good weather 'til the season was over. :o(
Joey looking over my shoulder at the marathon picture says, "Is that where Renae told you to shut up?" :)
Guess you need to plan a trip to Dixie to thaw out!
HORRAY!!!CHRISTMAS!!!
Amanda
Post a Comment