Friday, July 3, 2009

Stung!

You know it's not good when you over-hear your husband taking a call from home on the cell phone:
"Is she breathing okay? Is it swollen?"
She can't resist a
grin for the camera,
but this little girl was pretty
swollen and miserable
most of the evening from a bad run-in with a
bumble bee.
(is there such a thing as a good one?)
The little bugger got her right under the eye-brow while she was out on her bike!

Lucky for her (and for me!) JR is a great big brother and boyscout and had her resting comfortably on the couch with a cool drink, an ice pack, and a mind numbing tv show by the time we got home.

She is doing much better today...not sure the same can be said for the bee....

5 comments:

Mom said...

Ouch, I Haven't had the privilege of being stung by a bee. I will see you Wednesday!

Ken

robertandsharon said...

Hope you are okay for the fireworks tomorrow night. See you then, Amanda.
Love,
Grammie

Laura said...

Boo for Bees :( I hope you are feeling better!

Lisa said...

Ouch! Robert has been stung on his eye before. It was so swollen I had to take him to the doctor and they had me put medicine in it to reduce the swelling....

Joe and Julianne said...

Glad you are all better now! That looks really owie